Curious about some of the resources I use as an indy author? Below are some individuals and organizations who have helped me on my voyage--you can find more at http://theindyauthor.com/resources/.
I've had great luck with 99designs--from logos for William Kingsfield Publishers and The Indy Author to business cards to book cover design for ROCK PAPER SCISSORS. Click the link below to learn more!
Another great design resource for authors with a darker theme if Juan Padron. Juan designed the cover for ROCK PAPER SCISSORS, and also did an update of the covers for THE SENSE OF DEATH and THE SENSE OF RECKONING.
I have found many of the people who support William Kingsfield Publishers LLC and The Indy Author™ through Upwork. I can especially recommend:
- Kawsar Siddik for website design and support
- Kelly Schuknecht and Stephanie Konat for marketing and promotions
- Alex Turati for PhotoShop support
- Joey Baldemoro for transcription
- Aleksandar Jankovic for audio editing
The sites above are good sources for free or inexpensive images to use in your promotions or marketing materials.